21 billion sq ft of physical retail space is siloed from e-commerce. Our team is on a mission to change that.
We’re only three years into our journey, but already 690m shoppers on websites like Harvey Nichols, Three, size? and Levis can use Hero to connect live with an associate in their nearest store - perfect for when they need real-time advice from someone in the know. For retail associates, our app represents a whole new way to do their jobs, giving them access to millions of online shoppers, not just customers who pass by the store.
This omnichannel approach is evolving billions of sq ft of analogue retail space into hyper-connected smart stores of the future; in cities including London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
We’re an energetic team that moves fast. From our offices in London and New York, we’re bringing together a world class collective of problem solvers passionate about blending technology, fashion and retail. Hero was founded in 2015 by the team that previously launched Europe’s largest app commerce company and is privately funded.
Find out more at www.usehero.com
We’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to work with our growing team of Engineers in order to improve our Cloud infrastructure, development environments and increase our deployment capability and frequency.
You’ll have around 3-4 years of experience, and bring a wealth of knowledge in setting up and configuring different infrastructures, environments and pipelines, and you’ll be comfortable prioritising solutions for maximum benefit to the rest of the team, and our customers.
Experience in the following is ideal:
- Able to configure deployment pipelines
- Implementation automated deployment of Infrastructure as code
- Monitoring and logging of key environments and services
- Maintain and improve our microservices environments
- Maintain network security
- AWS, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Elastic Beanstalk, Elasticache, VPC, EC2
- Terraform or Serverless Framework experience
- Experience in containerisation (e.g. AWS Fargate / Docker) would be a bonus
A degree in a related Computer Science subject and any AWS certifications would be a big plus.
Hero’s culture has been designed to give our team the freedom to do their best work, where they can freely contribute ideas and instantly see the impact of their work - irrespective of their backgrounds, education or years of experience.
Sound like a good fit? Here’s some other benefits we offer:
- Work with a talented team of likeminds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Pension plan
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer, big screen and all the software you need
- A chance to work in a creative, productive environment in London’s Fitzrovia with all the snacks, fruit, coffee and tea you can eat/drink
- Plenty of drinks, team dinners and social events