21 billion sq ft of physical retail space is siloed from e-commerce. Our team is on a mission to change that.
We’re only two years into our journey, but already 350m shoppers on websites like Harvey Nichols and Ted Baker can use Hero to connect live with an associate in their nearest store - perfect for when they need real-time advice from someone in the know. For retail associates, our app represents a whole new way to do their jobs, giving them access to millions of online shoppers, not just customers who pass by the store.
This omnichannel approach is evolving billions of sq ft of analogue retail space into hyper-connected smart stores of the future; in cities including London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
We’re an energetic team that moves fast. From our offices in London and New York, we’re bringing together a world class collective of problem solvers passionate about blending technology, fashion and retail. Hero was founded in 2015 by the team that previously launched Europe’s largest app commerce company and is privately funded.
Find out more at www.usehero.com
Hero is looking for someone to own our Android development workstream, allowing us to bring our cutting edge product offering to a whole new set of retail associates across the world. Working alongside our highly motivated team of designers, engineers, data scientists and retail specialists, you’ll be integral in growing the product using the highest quality standards and development practices.
- Build our applications in a robust, clean and manageable way; providing the strongest possible base for expanding and growing the product in future across both phone and tablet
- Advocate for best platform practice in feature implementation; how to use the strengths of the platform and advise on feasibility
- Work collaboratively with design, engineers, QA and product management to build the best possible output and deliver it rapidly to market
- A talented developer with experience in building customer facing digital products
- 2+ years experience of developing in a commercial environment
- Excellent at collaborating with a full development team of designers, qa, and engineers
- Our application is written entirely in Kotlin, you should be able to pick this up seamlessly.
- Experience with RxJava 2 and Dagger 2
- An interest in Clean Architecture and Clean Code
- Experience unit testing code for robustness
- Knowledge of MVP
- An understanding of Continuous Integration
- Able to operate in an an agile environment with a small team, whilst also helping to shape process as the engineering team grows
- Experience of using Jira is ideal
- Live and breathe the latest in engineering whilst continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to increase development efficiency and product impact
Hero’s culture has been designed to give our team the freedom to do their best work, where they can freely contribute ideas and instantly see the impact of their work - irrespective of their backgrounds, education or years of experience. Our values guide the team to ‘leave their ego at the door’, ‘follow their instincts’ and ‘to become a master of their jungle’.
Sound like a good fit? Here’s some other benefits we offer:
- Work with a talented team of likeminds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Pension plan
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer, big screen and all the software you need
- A chance to work in a creative, productive environment in London’s Fitzrovia with all the snacks, fruit, coffee and tea you can eat/drink
- Plenty of team dinners and social events