21 billion sq ft of physical retail space is siloed from e-commerce. Our team is on a mission to change that.
We’re only two years into our journey, but already 350m shoppers on websites like Harvey Nichols and Ted Baker can use Hero to connect live with an associate in their nearest store - perfect for when they need real-time advice from someone in the know. For retail associates, our app represents a whole new way to do their jobs, giving them access to millions of online shoppers, not just customers who pass by the store.
This omnichannel approach is evolving billions of sq ft of analogue retail space into hyper-connected smart stores of the future; in cities including London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
We’re an energetic team that moves fast. From our offices in London and New York, we’re bringing together a world class collective of problem solvers passionate about blending technology, fashion and retail. Hero was founded in 2015 by the team that previously launched Europe’s largest app commerce company and is privately funded.
Find out more at www.usehero.com
We’re looking for someone to build the iOS application in a robust, clean and manageable way; providing the strongest possible base for expanding and growing the product in future, as well as adding new features.
Someone who will advocate for best platform practice in feature implementation; advising on how to use the strengths of the platform and collaborate on feasibility and solutions.
Ideally, you’ll be someone that thrives in a fast moving environment and enjoys a diversity of challenges.
- A talented developer with experience in building customer facing digital products developing in Swift and using auto-layout, MVC and MVVM.
- Experience of Objective-C preferable, to work with legacy parts of the codebase and third party libraries
- Experience of working with APIs, consuming JSON
- Experience of using tools such Git and Cocoa Pods
- At least 1 year’s experience of developing in a commercial environment
- Excellent at collaborating with a full development team of designers and engineers and developing for different screen sizes
- Unit and UI testing code for robustness, including edge cases and usability
- Working to continuously optimise performance
- Able to operate in an an agile environment, with a small team and estimate and own your work
- Experience of using Jira is ideal
- Live and breathe the latest in engineering whilst continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to increase development efficiency and product impact
Hero’s culture has been designed to give our team the freedom to do their best work, where they can freely contribute ideas and instantly see the impact of their work - irrespective of their backgrounds, education or years of experience. Our values guide the team to ‘leave their ego at the door’, ‘follow their instincts’ and ‘to become a master of their jungle’.
Sound like a good fit? Here’s some other benefits we offer:
- Work with a talented team of likeminds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Pension plan
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer, big screen and all the software you need
- A chance to work in a creative, productive environment in London’s Fitzrovia with all the snacks, fruit, coffee and tea you can eat/drink
- Plenty of team dinners and social events (and regular trips to karaoke!)